Star Student & Teacher Reception
The 2017 STAR Students and STAR Teachers were recognized at a reception hosted by the Paulding Chamber of Commerce on February 14, 2017. The Student Teacher Achievement Recognition Program (STAR) honors the senior from each high school with the highest score on a single test date on the SAT. This student must also be in the top 10 percent or top 10 students of their class.
The Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE) sponsors the STAR program statewide in conjunction with the Georgia Chamber of commerce and the Georgia Department of Education. The Paulding Chamber of Commerce has sponsored the program locally for over 40 years. This year’s winners are:
- Paulding County High School – STAR Student – Chayton Pabich, STAR Teacher – Mrs Leigh Becigneul
- East Paulding High School – STAR Student – Marissa Boyd, STAR Teacher – Mr. Christopher Holcomb
- Hiram High School – STAR Student – Amber Ott, STAR Teacher – Dr. Jason Pritchett
- South Paulding High School – STAR Student – Shane Wisehart, STAR Teacher – Mr. Michael Wisehart
- North Paulding High School – STAR Student – Jake Windham, STAR Teacher – Mr Jason Goodman
Amber Ott was awarded the overall System Winner and will attend the Regional Banquet at the Coosa Country Club in Rome, Georgia, in March.